River Room Exhibition Schedule 2023
Jan 5 – Feb 1 Holly Anderson Baumm, Alice de Mauriac, Laurel Dodge, Judy Nixon
Feb 2 – Mar 1 Karen Nadeau, Deborah Shappelle, Colleen White, Cheryl Young
Mar 2 – Mar 29 Wendy Clayton, Gerd Koehler, Lee Liggett, Helen Warner
Mar 30 – Apr 19 Christine Aston
Apr 20 – May 10 Leonard Verville
May 11 – May 31 Don Matson
Jun 1 – Jun 21 Kathy Bouchard
Jun 22 – Jul 12 Karen Nadeau
Jul 13 – Aug 2 Gail & Paul Karlsson
Aug 3 – Aug 23 Roben Voigt
Aug 24 – Sep 13 Cathy Bennigson
Sep 14 – Oct 4 Sarah Spalding
Oct 5 – Oct 25 Joanne Leaman
Oct 26 – Nov 15 Laura McNelly
River Room Guidelines for Artists
2023 ~ Artist Rental ~ 2023
1. River Room rental is available to all River Arts’ members on a first come, first serve basis. Because of the overwhelming interest in reserving River Room space, River Arts will conduct a lottery in the fall of 2022 and artists may register to enter. Solo, duo or small group shows are permitted. All showing artists must be members of River Arts.
2. All work shown in the gallery must be original art. River Arts does not sell reproductions.
4. River Arts does not take a commission on sales from the River Room rental shows. We pass the cost of credit card sales back to the artist at the (new, lower) rate of 3.5% of the sale. All sales will be made through River Arts and we will make Sales Tax payments to the state of Maine. River Arts pays artists promptly the week after the show comes down. All showing artists must provide contact information: phone, email and mailing address.
4. Rentals are available for 3 week blocks beginning on Thursdays and ending on Wednesdays. Installation is on Thursday. Removal day is Wednesday.
5. 50% deposit reserves a booking. The remainder is due two weeks before the show. In the case of artist cancellation, refunds of deposit will only be made up to one month before the show.
5. Advertising: A month before the show, artists may provide River Arts with artwork photos, biographical information, and artist statements for our press releases, our website and facebook pages. River Arts will produce and publish the final copy for approximately 10 newspapers in Maine and for our extensive email list.
6. Pedestals are available with prior approval from the gallery management.
7. Tables are available with prior approval from the gallery management.
8. Wall labels are the responsibility of the artist. Only masking tape is allowed for wall labels without prior approval from gallery management.
9. Installation of shows is the responsibility of the artist. Guidance from our professional staff is encouraged ahead of installation day. Proper installation improves sales results. River Room layout with measurements is available. River Arts provides nails, hooks and masking tape.
10. The River Room must be left with walls in good condition and pedestals returned to storage after show is complete. Shows should be completely uninstalled by 2 pm on the last Wednesday of your booking.
Open Link for the River Room measurements: River Room Layout