Call to Artists ** “Celebration” **
Entry deadline Nov. 19
River Arts in Damariscotta announces a Call to Artists for a special year-end show that will fill every room of the gallery. All original fine art and fine craft including painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, fiber, multimedia, pastel, glass, wood, collage and more will be accepted for this holiday exhibition. All artists are invited to participate in this non-juried show. This is an open call without a pre-determined theme.
Rules of Entry
Artists may enter works whose total retail prices add up to $400.
- 1 piece for $400
- 1 piece for $50 and 1 piece for $350
- 2 pieces for $100 each and 1 piece for $200
- 4 pieces for $100 each
- 5 pieces for $80 each
Any other combination that adds up to $400.
No size limit. Works must meet gallery guidelines for presentation. All work must be gallery ready and clean. Wall pieces must be securely wired with picture wire. No wet paint. All work is subject to management approval.
Fee for entering is $15 for members and $30 for non-members. Artists make 65% of sales and River Arts retains 35% commission.
Entry forms are available HERE or in the gallery when work is delivered.
Drop off Dates
Works may be delivered from November 1 until the deadline on Saturday, November 19 at 4 pm.
Public Artists’ Reception: Saturday, November 26 from 2 to 4pm.
Visit the Show
The show will run from November 22 until December 30, 2022. Call River Arts at 563-6868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Submission Guidelines for River Arts Shows
Gallery Ready Artwork
- Work must be labeled with artist’s name, phone and show title.
- Wall pieces must be securely wired with picture wire. Please do not use string, fish line, or floral wire. Saw tooth hangers are not recommended.
- Works must be clean and dry. No wet paint or wet finish allowed.
- Diptychs are allowed but multiple piece works with more than two pieces will not be accepted.
- Wall pieces should not exceed 30 pounds.
- All pieces must fit the size limits described in the Call to Artists. No exceptions! Works that exceed the stated limit will not be hung. Please do not ask our volunteers to make an exception for you.
- All artwork must be original art. River Arts does not sell nor show reproductions. Giclée copies are not allowed.
- Works previously shown at River Arts should not be entered into juried shows.
Drop Off Artwork
- Works should be delivered in person to the gallery during gallery hours up to the stated deadlines. River Arts does not accept mailed submissions or emailed submissions.
- Entry Forms are available online or in the gallery. We do not mail out forms. Forms should not be altered and the current form for each show must be used. All forms MUST be completely filled out and signed.
- Entry forms, entry fees and artwork should be delivered at the same time in person at the gallery. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Boxes, bags or packaging should not be left in the gallery.
Notification of Acceptance
- Accepted List of Artists will be posted on River Arts’ Website and on Facebook. We will not be emailing nor calling submitting artists with notifications.
Pick Up Artwork
Artwork pick up is during regular gallery hours: Tues – Sat: 10 to 4 Unaccepted Work may be picked up immediately following notification. Accepted Work should be retrieved in the final week of a show or as soon as the show ends.
- Work should not be left over winter in our storage rooms. Please remove all artwork before you leave for the season.
- Work left for more than 6 months at River Arts is considered abandoned and becomes the property of River Arts.
- All submitted works must be for sale.
- River Arts retains 35% commission on all sales.
- Sales after the show comes down: River Arts depends upon commissions from sales to continue to thrive. Artists whose work sells as a result of showing at River Arts should remember to provide the commission to River Arts. Thank you.
- River Arts discourages buyers from negotiating prices so it is best to reasonably price artwork for sale. Prices should be based on your history of selling similar works.
- Payments to artists will be made promptly in the week after a show ends. This applies to all sales: Show Works, Bin Works and River Room Works.
- Works submitted to River Arts may be used in advertising on our Webpages, newspapers, Facebook, Instagram or others. If you wish to submit a photo image, please email jpegs to Info@riverartsme.org. Please label jpeg file with artist’s first and last name.
- If you wish to have a page in our Show Book, please send a one page word document to Info@riverartsme.org or bring in a printed page and we will add you to our book. We keep Member’s Bios on file.
River Arts uses all possible care in handling and storing artwork. River Arts’ volunteers and staff will not be held responsible for damaged or lost artwork.