Entry Form open here: Land and Sea 2022
Membership open here: Membership Form 2022
Call to Artists “Land & Sea”
River Arts in Damariscotta invites artists to submit one piece for the next juried show: “Land & Sea.” Open to members and non-members, mediums included but not limited to painting, sculpture, fiber, photography, ceramics, original print making, drawing, encaustic and pastel.
River Arts is delighted to announce the juror will be artist Eric Glass. A lifelong Maine resident who grew up in Freeport, Glass began painting at the age of 10. He earned a BFA from Maine College of Art with a major in painting. In addition to his work in oil and watercolor, Glass has also done sign painting, decoy painting, screen printing, woodworking, illustration and picture frame restoration. He has taught painting privately and in community eduction programs. Glass has assisted in painting workshops with Michael Vermette. Glass has been featured in many exhibits and art auctions over the years. For information about the juror visit his website: https://www.ericeglass.com/
Submission Guidelines “Land & Sea” is open to personal interpretation by the artists and may include realistic as well as abstract works. All work must be gallery ready and clean. Wall pieces must be securely wired with picture wire. No wet paint will be accepted.
Size Limit Artists may enter one piece with a size limit of 42 inches (in any direction) including frame. There will be no exceptions allowed.
Entry Fee For members the entry fee is $15 and for non-members it is $30. All submitted works must be for sale and River Arts retains 35% commission on sold works.
Drop off Dates Work to be considered must be delivered in person at the gallery at 36 Elm Street during regular business hours. Entry forms are available in the gallery or online at www.riverartsme.org. Works may be delivered anytime until the deadline Saturday, July 23 at 4pm.
Notification River Arts will post the Accepted List on the River Arts’ webpage and on Facebook by Wednesday, July 27. Unaccepted work should be picked up promptly during gallery hours.
Public Opening Reception July 30, Saturday from 2 to 4 pm
Visit the Show “Land & Sea” will be installed and open to the public on July 26 and continues until September 3, 2022. The gallery is open Tuesday thru Saturday 10am to 4pm.
Call River Arts at 563-6868 or email email@example.com for more information.
Submission Guidelines for River Arts Shows
Gallery Ready Artwork
- Work must be labeled with artist’s name, phone and show title.
- Wall pieces must be securely wired with picture wire. Please do not use string, fish line, or floral wire. Saw tooth hangers are not recommended.
- Works must be clean and dry. No wet paint or wet finish allowed.
- Diptychs are allowed but multiple piece works with more than two pieces will not be accepted.
- Wall pieces should not exceed 30 pounds.
- All pieces must fit the size limits described in the Call to Artists. No exceptions! Works that exceed the stated limit will not be hung. Please do not ask our volunteers to make an exception for you.
- All artwork must be original art. River Arts does not sell nor show reproductions. Giclée copies are not allowed.
- Works previously shown at River Arts should not be entered into juried shows.
Drop Off Artwork
- Works should be delivered in person to the gallery during gallery hours up to the stated deadlines. River Arts does not accept mailed submissions or emailed submissions.
- Entry Forms are available online or in the gallery. We do not mail out forms. Forms should not be altered and the current form for each show must be used. All forms MUST be completely filled out and signed.
- Entry forms, entry fees and artwork should be delivered at the same time in person at the gallery. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Boxes, bags or packaging should not be left in the gallery.
Notification of Acceptance
- Accepted List of Artists will be posted on River Arts’ Website and on Facebook. We will not be emailing nor calling submitting artists with notifications.
Pick Up Artwork
Artwork pick up is during regular gallery hours: Tues – Sat: 10 to 4 Unaccepted Work may be picked up immediately following notification. Accepted Work should be retrieved in the final week of a show or as soon as the show ends.
- Work should not be left over winter in our storage rooms. Please remove all artwork before you leave for the season.
- Work left for more than 6 months at River Arts is considered abandoned and becomes the property of River Arts.
- All submitted works must be for sale.
- River Arts retains 35% commission on all sales.
- River Arts discourages buyers from negotiating prices so it is best to reasonably price artwork for sale. Prices should be based on your history of selling similar works.
- Payments to artists will be made promptly in the week after a show ends. This applies to all sales: Show Works, Bin Works and River Room Works.
- Works submitted to River Arts may be used in advertising on our Webpages, newspapers, Facebook, Instagram or others. If you wish to submit a photo image, please email jpegs to Info@riverartsme.org. Please label jpeg file with artist’s first and last name.
- If you wish to have a page in our Show Book, please send a one page word document to Info@riverartsme.org or bring in a printed page and we will add you to our book. We keep Member’s Bios on file.
River Arts uses all possible care in handling and storing artwork. River Arts’ volunteers and staff will not be held responsible for damaged or lost artwork.